Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

So I have thought about my New Year's Resolutions. However, I have decided I am not going to make any. Most people make resolutions that they never keep. Why make resolutions that I'm not going to complete? At the end of the year, I would just feel like I've failed myself. So instead I have decided that I am just going to live according to the Bible. Of course there are things that Jeremy & I plan to do in 2007, but we're not going to make promises to ourselves. Throughout our marriage very few things have ever gone as we planned. But God's plans have always been so much better than our own and we find that the things we want to do eventually come, just not on our timing. So, I'm going to live each day according to God's plan. By living a Godly life, things will fall in line for us. I will continue to seek God and his ways. I will take care of my body, which is the temple of the Holy Spirit. I will continue to grow as a Godly woman, wife and mother. I would rather concern myself with things that have eternal value than worry about accomplishing my goals. I do think it is good to have goals in place because it gives you a direction to head. But if God changes that direction, I don't want to be so stuck on my goals that I miss his leading. Besides, who says you have to accomplish all your resolutions by the end of the year? What if the goals/changes that need to be made are really 5 year goals? So, I am just going to continue doing what I'm doing. Each day will be lived with no regrets, and we'll still be living our lives having as much fun as we can!

5 comments:

Austin & Lindsay said...

I like what you said... It's true if we always put God first all the rest will just happen!

Blessing to you all for a wonderful and prosperous New Year!

Oh, and Happy Birth Month Morgen!

Austin & Lindsay said...

I like what you said... It's true if we always put God first all the rest will just happen!

Blessing to you all for a wonderful and prosperous New Year!

Oh, and Happy Birth Month Morgen!

Austin & Lindsay said...

I like what you said... It's true if we always put God first all the rest will just happen!

Blessing to you all for a wonderful and prosperous New Year!

Oh, and Happy Birth Month Morgen!

Austin & Lindsay said...

I like what you said... It's true if we always put God first all the rest will just happen!

Blessing to you all for a wonderful and prosperous New Year!

Oh, and Happy Birth Month Morgen!

Jeremy and Morgen said...

Thanks Linz! Eventually the Birth Month will catch on. Jeremy doesn't want me to start Chloe on it until she is a little older :)