Sunday, April 09, 2006

Pac Highway Fun!

I have always heard about crazy things happening on Pac Hwy, you know, like prostitutes and shootings, but I have never seen anything happen. I just assumed they were stories. That is until today. Now, I am a true believer! Today in between services I was on my way from the NXL building to Safeway for bagels. I pulled out of the parking lot and noticed something in the road ahead of me. At first it looked like a flattened moving box but as I got a little closer I thought it may be a dog that had been hit. So I'm just driving toward it, planning to drive around it. Once I got close I realized that it was a person! I literally said out loud, "OH MY GOSH!!!! THAT'S A MAN! HOLY CRAP!" I was absolutely stunned. I just stopped in the middle of the road because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. He was lying on his back with his arms stretched out on both sides. I sat there for a few seconds and realized I am the only car around and I should call 911! I got out my cell phone and pulled into the apartment parking lot next to him. As I drove by I made the mistake of looking closely at him. There was blood everywhere! It was running down his face, down his neck & arms, on his chest, there were gashes in his legs, etc. I thought maybe he had been hit by a car. But then something really odd struck me- he was naked! I was so shocked that there was a bloody, naked man laying out in the middle of the road that I didn't even know what to tell the 911 operator. Now most people would be horrified that this man could be seriously hurt or freaked out by all the blood. But the thoughts running through my head were, "Please don't let any of our Jr. Highers and parents drive by here! Please let them use a different way! Jr. Highers so should not see this!" I am thinking this and watching the cars going by praying that none of them have our kids in there and trying to talk to the operator at the same time. When she asked me if he was conscious or breathing, I asked if I had to get out of my car because "that dude is buck naked!" After it was over I laughed at myself because I actually said "that dude is buck naked"! Within a few minutes the police and ambulance arrived and took over the road. I was so glad it was over. By the time I got to Safeway I had totally forgotten why I was there and ended up buying popcorn instead!

4 comments:

The Gladney Family said...

That is the craziest thing I've ever heard! I can't believe you had to witness that. Here your weekend started out all slow and boring, who knew it would end like this.

Austin & Lindsay said...

Geez! Nothing like that would ever happen here in "Smallville." If it did, the whole fire dept. and police force would be all over it!

Shannon said...

Crazy! Was he alive? Did you see them help him up? Not that it matters, but craziness!!!!

Jeremy and Morgen said...

Shannon, he was a live but they left him there for quite a while. I only stuck around as long as I had to!