It was so nice to have absolutely nothing to do! We got the cleaning and grocery shopping done yesterday so that we could go to the zoo today if it didn't rain. Guess what? It rained. So we just did whatever. I made creme brulee, Chloe played and Jeremy read. I have to say that creme brulee is not as easy as I thought it would be. The recipe is easy but the technique is harder than I thought. But, tonight we had caramel creme brulee with dinner!
Chloe and I looked through some of her baby pictures. I have been working on her video scrapbook so there were tons out. We have looked at them before and I tried to explain me being pregnant. She still hasn't quite got it down. She pointed to one picture when I was 9 months pregnant and said, "That was me when I was a baby. Remember when you ate me and I was in your tummy?" Sometimes her cuteness astounds me! She was suppose to be cleaning her room early this morning but when I went in to check on her, the room was even worse than before! She had scissors in her hands and a huge pile of cut paper. She shredded 2 coloring books. When I asked her what she was doing and if she was cleaning her room she replied, "I have to wait to clean. I have to do my homework first."
Max has been getting into all kinds of trouble. He is obsessed with chewing up Chloe's toys. And chasing her around the house! I saw him chewing on something that didn't look like his bone and told Chloe to go get her stuff from Max. She went down the hall and then it was silent. All of a sudden we heard Chloe crying and screeching. We've heard this before because when Max gets really excited he jumps on her and knocks her down. Then the cries became shrieks. We ran down the hall to find Chloe on top of Max, a hand on each side of his mouth prying it open. At the same time of prying it open she was trying to reach into his mouth. She looked up, tears running down her face yelling "My makeup! Max ate my lip gloss! My makeup, my makeup!" It was so hard not to laugh. And Max didn't get it. We carried Chloe into the living room to calm her down and Max came bounding over trying to get her to play. Fortunately for him Chloe isn't big enough to hurt him. He ate her favorite lip gloss. Had she been older, his life may have ended.
Jeremy got to have a pretty relaxed day- a first in a while. The last few months he has either had things to do for the church or me! But I must say I was a wonderful wife today! I didn't make him do anything (well, except maybe take the trash out) and I let him sleep in. He even got some of his favorite foods for breakfast and dinner! He sure is lucky to have me!



No comments:
Post a Comment