Last night we were running late and I was getting stressed. So I started singing in the car, "I'm so happy, so very happy..." That was Chloe's cue! She burst into full on singing- complete with motions, drama and as loud as she could belt it! She sang for 10 straight minutes, just flowing from one song to another without pausing. That alone was enough to make me smile, but she had the words so wrong that it made her songs even better. We went from I've Got the Joy, Joy, Joy... to You Are My Sunshine to Jesus Loves Me. What a smart kid! Just what I needed to hear! But her rendition of Jesus Loves Me was priceless! She had a very serious face and did all the right facials throughout the song- she would raise her eyebrows, scrunch up her face, close her eyes, it was like watching Idol! All her other songs were loud and joyful, but Jesus Loves Me was a little more dramatic. She sang in this very soft, high voice with her facials and even added big, dramatic arms for the finale! One part of her performance that made us laugh so hard was the first time she tried switching from one song to the next. She started singing the words of the next song to the tune of the previous one. But she caught herself and tried to restart. She did this about 3 times before she found the right melody! "... I've got the love of Jesus in my heaaaaaarrrrrtttttt! You are my shunshine... You are my shunshine... You are my shunshine, my only shunshine!"
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Reagan and I sing a song together and the words go, "Lift up your hands all you people, Lift up your hands and praise the Lord!" When she was younger, she would sing along with me- but all she sang was "People-head, People-head!" I love it when they sing, it's so funny! You should let Chloe audition for Idol. She could be American's youngest contestant! :)
Post a Comment