Monday, December 04, 2006

In the Mind of a 3 Year Old

So Chloe has been having these great moments that I just had to share.
Today we were at the post office getting the mail. The car next to us had a little Pekinese dog in it. In her sweetest little voice, Chloe says, "Oh, Mommy. Look at that cute little monkey!"
This evening I was away from home so Jeremy had Chloe to keep his eyes on. We still had our Monday night dinner with everyone at our house. At one point Chloe needed to be by herself for a few minutes so Jeremy put her in our room. He had a talk with her about her time in the room- she needed to stay on the bed, not get into things, not get into Mommy's make-up or write on anything. She did obey those specific rules. But she found her detangler from this morning and poured it all over her hands and arms so she would smell pretty. Then she found a bottle of water, which of course, she spilled ON THE BED (only Jeremy's side!). After a few minutes, Jeremy went in and found the done damage. When he asked her about their earlier conversation, she answered, "I didn't get into Mommy's make-up. I didn't write on anything. I obeyed."
The story behind her being told not to write on anything is this- over the last two weeks Chloe has been into labeling things for us. The first week, she found a sharpie and decided to write our names on our bedding. Not our black bedding, of course, but our light gray sheets and pillowcases. We even found writing on our big blanket/comforter. So we had a BIG talk about why that was wrong and had to show her that sharpies don't wash out! Then last week she had been in our room again with a sharpie. (We do put them away, but she finds them) We started looking around the room and on the bed for "labels" but were relieved to not find anything. THEN Jeremy went into our bathroom. She had labeled the sink, mirror, toilet seat lid, toilet seat and shower!
Oh the joys of a 3 year old! But with all the trying moments that we go through, I wouldn't trade them for anything. Chloe is such a joy to us and we have been so blessed. Even though she tries my patience at times I still enjoy having stories and memories to laugh about later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! You have got the best stories to tell of that little girl! She cracks me up! I'm sure I will have some to tell when my son gets a little older...of course he does get into quite a bit right now! Ha! Thanks for sharing and I hope you are doing well! Love the snow pics...sometimes I miss it...especially around Christmas!

Austin & Lindsay said...

Your stories about Chloe are great! She is so full of life- just like her mommy! I miss you girl! And I wish we could spend time with you all... oh well, maybe someday!

Love ya!