



Thursday night there was quite a wind storm! Most of the Seattle & surrounding areas lost power. Jeremy kept getting up in the night to check on the house because he kept hearing things. When we got up Friday morning, there was still no electricity and we found what had caused most of the noises. Our yard was a mess! We lost most of one side of the backyard fence and there were shingles all over the yard (and my car!). The main crash that had Jeremy worried was caused from the fence hitting the flower box next to the house. It literally was about 1 1/2 feet from crashing into the house. We checked out the other houses around us and found that they were worse off. Most of the houses lost part of their roofs. The shingles in our yard had all come from the neighbors house- the only damage on our property was a few broken limbs on our Japanese maple!
With the power out, we were in a coffee panic! I drove around for over an hour trying to find somewhere with power. Eventually I had to go home and get Jeremy. By the time we got to the open Starbucks, it was so crowded that we didn't stick around. But we did find a stand with great coffee! A friend of ours never lost power so we went to his house to wait. We eventually got our power back on Saturday- we were one of the fortunate ones. The news had reported about 1 million people without power. Can you imagine? One million people without coffee? The malls had power, so I did the only thing available on Friday- I went shopping! It was great fun but very crowded. I didn't have to work Friday or Monday. I almost didn't have to work today but the office regained power around 9am. But I had a nice break and was actually ready to go back to work!
I have one more surprise that came as a result of the power outage, but I'll have to share it in the next blog- I need to get a picture first! But I promise it will be amazing!


1 comment:
Ah, coffee... what would we do w/o it? Glad to know you finally found some... I think you like coffe more than me- if that's possible! :)
Post a Comment