I can hardly believe that Christmas is almost here! I had planned to do all these things before the holidays snuck up on us, but still they didn't get done. I have Christmas cards that haven't been addressed or sent out. I have gifts left to buy- usually I'm done by now. Christmas cookies haven't been made. There are still no decorations up outside. Yet none of that really matters. We could all stress over the things we haven't done that we wanted to do or gifts we wanted to buy but never got. Christmas is about so much more! So many people are stressed out this time of year, and for no reason. Christmas isn't about what you get or giving the "perfect" gift. We have worked hard to teach Chloe that, despite the toy commercials, Christmas is about sharing God's love. God gave the truest gift of love- His Son, a Savior that redeemed mankind, allowing us to have right standing with God. Yet most people think of all the things they don't have. Commercials remind us all the time of the new gadgets we have to have right now! Instead of being thankful for all we do have, we become needy, wanting everything we see. I would encourage everyone to not look at the material things, but rather see the value of what you do have- an amazing God, caring family, wonderful friends. Celebrate this season, enjoy your time with family and friends, let your hearts be full of the love of God-sharing it with everyone you meet.Tuesday, December 12, 2006
I can hardly believe that Christmas is almost here! I had planned to do all these things before the holidays snuck up on us, but still they didn't get done. I have Christmas cards that haven't been addressed or sent out. I have gifts left to buy- usually I'm done by now. Christmas cookies haven't been made. There are still no decorations up outside. Yet none of that really matters. We could all stress over the things we haven't done that we wanted to do or gifts we wanted to buy but never got. Christmas is about so much more! So many people are stressed out this time of year, and for no reason. Christmas isn't about what you get or giving the "perfect" gift. We have worked hard to teach Chloe that, despite the toy commercials, Christmas is about sharing God's love. God gave the truest gift of love- His Son, a Savior that redeemed mankind, allowing us to have right standing with God. Yet most people think of all the things they don't have. Commercials remind us all the time of the new gadgets we have to have right now! Instead of being thankful for all we do have, we become needy, wanting everything we see. I would encourage everyone to not look at the material things, but rather see the value of what you do have- an amazing God, caring family, wonderful friends. Celebrate this season, enjoy your time with family and friends, let your hearts be full of the love of God-sharing it with everyone you meet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Such a sweet picture! So sorry Morgan missed the Christmas Connect Meeting, we needed to slow down and get some 'home' stuff done. We got our tree and started some baking and shopping. Miss ya, hugs!
So well said Morgen. Thanks for helping us remember what is truly important! By the way...you're not the only one that hasn't sent out cards or finished shopping or begun baking yet...no worries!
Post a Comment