I now have pictures and can share my next story! We stayed the night at a friend's house when our power went out. I left for a little while to do some shopping and Jeremy stayed at the house with Chloe. She was out of his sight for about 2 minutes, using the bathroom. He thought nothing of it and didn't notice anything. When I came back, Chloe and I were playing a game and she said, "Mommy, I want my hair like yours." This didn't cause bells to go off because we have been talking about getting her hair cut. But when I started looking at her hair, I noticed little spikes where her barrette had been. The closer I looked, I noticed there were LOTS of layers in her hair. While in the bathroom, she had found scissors and started cutting her hair. I went into the bathroom and there was hair EVERYWHERE! I'll be honest, I cried! We have never had her hair cut. She has had trims, but nothing significant enough for her baby book. We had planned to take her to get it cut after the holidays- we had it all planned out. We were going to make a day of it, go out for ice cream, update her babybook together, the works. After a week of her short hair, I have grown use to it and actually like it. The only thing I don't like is that she no longer looks like my little Chloe. She is growing up so fast and looks like a kid. But her hair really suits her well and she likes it. I miss the long ponytails and being able to braid it, though. After I recovered from my shock and emotional outburst (which I have often and Jeremy blames the hormones) we went and bought a ton of cute barrettes and headbands. I'm doing much better now!

Even with as much as we like her hair, we have made such a big deal out of the importance of NEVER EVER EVER cutting your own hair again! I can't imagine what would happen if she thought it would be a good idea to cut it again, especially when it is already so short!


3 comments:
I love Chloe's new hair-do! I can't imagine Reagan cutting her own hair! It sounds like you two never have a dull moment with Chloe! I enjoy hearing all the stories! We mailed you a Christmas pic of the girls today.-But it probably won't get there until after Christmas. Oh well, hope you have a wonderful holiday!
Merry Christmas!!!
OMGSH! I never had one that did that!
Now,with that said - how cute does she look with that do?!?!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the Carpenters from the Cassadays
Oh wow...that Chloe!!! She looks adorable though! Never a dull moment with that girl huh?! Merry Christmas a little late! Looks like you had a great one!
Post a Comment