Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thanksgiving

This year at Grandma Shirley's there was a gingerbread house contest between the boys and the girls. It was such a fun, and messy, time!



This is the Boys' Happy House













The girls decided to go with a Castle, instead of a house- after all, we are princesses!


At the end, those that hadn't participated did the judging and the girls won. Our prize is that we don't have to do dishes on Christmas Eve!





Ok, funny story about this picture. I only got this one because I had to rescue the uncles! Chloe sat in the living room for quite a while. I could here her talking but didn't quite see what was going on. Apparently she decided to tell all the uncles a very detailed, very lengthy story. The only problem was that all the uncles were trying to watch the football game. She didn't even notice that they weren't paying attention to her! Uncle Tim would look over at her every once in a while and give her a "uh-huh" and a smile and then go back to the game. Little did he know but he only encouraged her to keep telling stories! I have no idea how long she had been telling stories, but from the looks on the uncles' faces it had probably been a while :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lets clarify the gingerbread houses. The girls did not win... You found other women to come in and judge while we were still making our house.

Plus you hoarded all the candy so by the time we needed candy all that was left was 2 graham crackers and Nerds.

It was still a lot of fun though.

Jeremy and Morgen said...

You might have had a better chance with the judges if you had pulled them away from the football game. Not my fault the only ones that came to judge were the women. But we still won! Do we need to have people vote on here?

The Gladney Family said...

I vote for girls. It's such a pretty castle. Who doesn’t like castles?

Anonymous said...

Well since most of the people that are on Blogger are females, I am guessing that they are going to walk the "party line" and vote for the females.

I still think the guys house was better since you stole all the candy! :) Either way it was fun.

~Justin

Shannon said...

Chloe's story is such a girl story! I love it and I remember these times all too well!