Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, I hope you have a wonderful time with your families and friends!

Col 3:15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

In the Amplified Bible, at the end of the verse, it reads "And be thankful, giving praise to God always."

We truly have so much to be thankful for- an amazing God, great families, great churches, great friends, etc. It is easy to look at our possessions and become discontent with what we have. But we should use our unhappiness as an indicator that it's time to refocus our thoughts. When we remember what we do have and how far we have come over the years, our hearts can be content in whatever situation we find ourselves. And we know that God has greater things ahead for us. Even though this year is not over yet, I am looking forward to the next year. I know God has some amazing things in store for us and it is only going to get bigger and better!

No comments: