As our teens say, I heart Christmas time! I love all the things that the Christmas season represents. Of course, I love that there is a whole season celebrated for the birth of our Savior and all that His birth represents. But I also love the cookie baking, spicy smells, shopping, gift giving, family tradition, etc. This has also been a great season for teaching Chloe to be selfless. It's amazing that no one has to teach how to be selfish, but it takes discipline and hard work to be selfless. We took Chloe shopping to buy gifts for all her friends but she didn't get anything for herself. What a HUGE learning lesson. She is so use to getting toys for herself. Today her friends Halle & Arria were over and before they left Chloe gave them their gifts. Their eyes lit up when they received their gifts and Chloe had the biggest smile because she made her friends happy. We have been teaching Chloe about the real meaning of Christmas. For only being 2, she is starting to get it. In her words, Christmas is Jesus' birthday and we get gifts because it's His birthday party. Hey, it's a start and she's only 2! I also love the family activities that take place over the holidays! It's so much fun to decorate the tree and the house as a family. OK, I have to be completely honest here. I am pretty particular about "my" tree. It has to have tons of lights and the decorations have to be perfectly spaced, the lights can't have holes- they have to be even all around the tree, everything has to be uniform. That's why we also have a family tree!! The family tree is a hodge podge of ornaments and decorations. Oh... and the cookie baking. Everyone gets cookies!!!! And I love that people are always over at our house, drinking hot chocolate (Geoff)! How sad would our world be if there was no Christmas!
Sunday, December 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment