Monday, March 08, 2010

Bloemfontein, South Africa!

We are ONE WEEK away from being in SOUTH AFRICA!!! Jeremy and I are so excited to be going! And it is such an honor to travel with this particular group, Pastors Casey & Wendy Treat and Pastors Shon & Rachel Burchett of Oklahoma City, OK. I'm not sure of everything that we will be doing, but there are several things on our agenda so far. The church we are going to, Christian Revival Church, has 10 satellite churches. They are also having a marriage seminar while we are there. We will get to see how their home groups run, some of the orphanages and schools, etc. I am also hoping that we get the chance to join their street ministry team, which Tasha (who has been there since Sept) said is her fav part. Their street team goes out late at night at reaches out to the prostitutes on the streets.

Also, Jeremy and I were asked to come visit some friends of ours at Rhema South Africa. That would be fun, and great to see our friends. But we are still working out the details of our agenda to see if we will have that much time available.

This trip is definately different from our trip to Uganda. Bloem is a city, not a village. However, it is an odd mixture of 1st world & 3rd world in one city. And it's a MUCH shorter trip- only 1 week there. Jeremy is constantly checking the weather, it's been in the mid 80's lately and is suppose to stay that way. It's their summer season, so I am looking forward to the much needed sun!!!!!!!

No comments: