I realized I haven't written much during this pregnancy. Actually, I haven't stopped too much to really think about it. I am at Week 22, so half way done! I didn't start getting sick until around week 7-8. I was very tired though. I have learned that if I need a nap, I NEED A NAP! So this time, I took a nap almost every day when Logan took his.
I hate throwing up! So, I tried to avoid it as much as I could. But sick or not, life has to go on. So I decided to just suck it up, make a puke schedule and go on with life. As long as I got enough sleep at night I had better days and my stomach was more settled- throwing up 5-6 times verses 10-12 times a day. Certain foods were a definate NO. Whatever I was in the mood for is usually what we ate. Generally, if it sounded good (which wasn't often) it was more likely to stay down. Because I couldn't stand the smell of food cooking, my family had to eat out A LOT!!! And of course the food budget was blown every week! But now we are back to normal eating habits. I still can't eat before 11am and vitamins don't stay down until afternoons. I still throw up about twice a week but usually just in the mornings. I still can't eat wheat (which I never can when I'm pregnant) or popcorn. I tried coffee again a couple weeks ago because the thought of it didn't make me want to throw up. I drank half a cup. It stayed down, but I got heartburn! So, I have started drinking tea again. There is just something about that hot cup in your hands in the mornings or evenings- especially here in the Northwest when the sun doesn't come up before 8am and sets at 4pm!
This time around I didn't lose as much weight as I did with the other two :( Oh, well. But I have gained about 8 pounds. I can't button my jeans anymore but I still haven't gone to get maternity jeans yet. I guess since I am home with the kids everyday I won't have to buy as many dress clothes this time. Fortunately today's trends still fit over my belly without having to be maternity clothes. So that is what I wear to church or on the day I run errands. Of course, I would rather be wearing PJs and my robe at home anyway. Jeremy is convinced I live in my robe. It is so soft and warm that I wear it around the house- even after I have gotten dressed.
We found a wonderful Birth Center in Everett and we really like the midwives. Well, I like the midwives. Jeremy hasn't met them yet. But as long as I am happy, he is happy :) We are going to do a home birth this time. We are pretty excited about it. I loved having a natural birth with Logan and the recovery was amazing. We wanted to try something just a little different with this birth and decided to do it at home. I have great pregnancies physically and have never been a high risk for anything so we are pretty safe.
Although we could have found out the gender around Thanksgiving, we decided to wait. Ultrasounds are so expensive that we decided to wait until after Christmas to do it. And we aren't really in a hurry this time. We just don't have as much to plan for. We have all of our baby equipment- carseat, crib, stroller, bath, swing, bouncer, walker, jumper, playmat, soother, wipe warmer, toys, etc. If we have another boy, we still have most of Logan's clothes and blankets. We will need to get more onsies, bibs and socks and replace the crib sheets. If we have a girl, we will need to get clothes (we gave away all of Chloe's- except a few sentimental outfits) and bedding. The only other things that we want to get this time are: a bassinet or a bed for Logan, a double stroller and a baby bjorn. I will let everyone know when we do schedule the ultrasound.


2 comments:
I can't believe you are half way through. Where has time gone? We have a great front baby carrier. It isn't a baby Bjorn, it's a Jeep one that Brendan picked out. We would love to give it to you if you want it. Brendan things Jeremy would love it and I think we only used it twice. :)
Sure! I couldn't think of what they were called, just a name. :)
Post a Comment