Last night Logan decided he didn't want to go to bed. So he climbed out of his crib. Jeremy and I have been wanting him to do that so we could transition him into a toddler bed. But he loved the railings of the crib around him at night. We didn't think he would ever want to leave it! But all of a sudden last night was different. So, after several attempts to put him back in the crib we took the side off the crib and made it into a toddler bed. I had forgotten how much work and discipline it takes to transition them!!!! And last night was NOT the night to do it. Both Jeremy and I needed to get up early in the morning. By 10pm, we thought he was going to stay in bed.
NOPE! So we decided to try something we did with Chloe. We put a few toys and books in his room and shut the door. We went to our room and all of a sudden there are little eyes looking up at me as I am lying in bed. How did he get out of his room? He has never been able to open the door before. Apparently last night was his night of new things. All of a sudden he figured out the doorknob. He finally passed out around 11:30pm. Jeremy and I were so relieved to go to bed- only to have him wake up at 4:00am and wander back into our room! So today I bought the doorknob covers!!!!
Also, over the past few weeks Logan has been telling us when he goes to the bathroom in his diaper. Exciting. However, he would tell us after the fact. And he hasn't slept through the night dry, so we figured he wouldn't be ready to potty train until probably January. We have sat him on the toilet several times just to see, but really he just enjoyed flushing the toilet and washing his hands. He never actually went on the toilet. Over the last 3 days, he has been telling me "pee" as he is going in his diaper. OK, I thought, after the chaos of the holidays we will start potty training. I can hold off until things calm down a bit. Ha!!!! Today, TODAY, he tells me 3 times "pee" and runs for the toilet. So, I put him on the toilet. Lo and behold HE GOES!!!!! All of a sudden he has decided to use the toilet! So I guess I am going back to the store tomorrow to get Pull Ups :)


No comments:
Post a Comment