The word "great" has become all too common. That was a great movie! Ice cream is great! Isn't this house great?! A song that I have had in my head and on my heart a lot lately has been "How Great Is Our God" by Chris Tomlin. It's such a beautiful song. I have been thinking about just how great our God truly is. It is easy to say He is great when things are going your way. But when you understand exactly what it means to be great, it is easy to see how great He is even in the worst circumstances. Understanding "great" will renew your faith in God, fully knowing that you can overcome any obstacle life throws at you. The Bible calls him the Great I Am. Ps. 145:3 says, "Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable." Here's a better look at the meaning of Great (straight from the dictionary!):
1. Very large in size.
2. Larger in size than others of the same kind.
3. Large in quantity or number
4. Extensive in time or distance.
5. Remarkable or outstanding in magnitude, degree, or extent
6. Of outstanding significance or importance
7. Chief or principal
8. Superior in quality or character; noble
9. Powerful; influential
10. Eminent; distinguished
11. Grand; aristocratic.
I am so glad I serve a GREAT God! He is Great and deserves Great praise!! I know in my own life I can get so caught up in day-to-day life and take for granted all God is doing. Sometimes schedules get packed and I feel pulled in so many directions. But nothing keeps me energized and my spirit high like just stopping and worshipping God. There is such rest, peace and joy in His presence!


No comments:
Post a Comment