Dinner has been served, the kids have been bathed and tucked away in bed. Now it's my time. Ahhhhhh.... I thought I would write down a few things while they are still on my mind. Chloe has been saying some funny stuff and I wanted to capture them. We have been working on annunciation lately but there are some things we can't seem to fix. The main one is the word popcorn. We have tried every technique. When we do it REALLY slow, it's fine. Say "pop." Pop. Say "corn." Corn. Say "pop. corn." Pop. Corn. Now say "popcorn." Crack-corn. Never fails. When put together, it always comes out crack-corn. Another word is dolphin. We can get her to pronounce "doll" and "fin" but it still comes out as "garfin."
Last night we were out to dinner with our friends Geoff and Star. Jeremy was talking about church and different things. At some point Jesus was mentioned. Of course, that got Chloe's attention. She looked at Jeremy and very sternly said, "Daddy, don't talk like that about Jesus. You'll make him die on the cross again." We don't quite know where that came from!
Tonight she tripped going up the stairs and got a scrape on her shin. She tried to fake cry to get a band-aid. But she doesn't get band-aids unless she is bleeding. "Mommy, I need a band-aid. I'm bleeding everywhere. All my blood is leaving!" She wasn't bleeding, just pink. But how do you say no to that? After we put the band-aid on it, she looked at me confused. In her most dramatic voice she said, "But it still soooo-oooo-oooo hurts!"
And no 3 year old is complete without the word "why." My advice to everyone with little ones that are just learning to talk, don't teach them to say why! Just kidding! But we are at that phase. Everything, and I do mean everything, is followed with "Why?" After hearing the answer, "but why?" Really, you can only handle 5-10 why's before you either quit talking to them or just give them "because," "because I say so," "because I'm the mommy." Yes, I have actually resorted a time or two to "because I'm the mommy."
Fun times had by all!


4 comments:
That's funny! Because Reagan also calls popcorn cockcorn! That is until she saw my parents new backyard at their rental home. It is filled with pinecones. We showed the pinecones to her and pronouned them and told her they came off the big tree in the back yard. So- now she calls popcorn PINECORN!!!
Oh, I just re-read your blog is saw Chloe says, crackcorn. Oh well, crackcorn, cockcorn- they're both funny. Sorry, it's early! :)
Sounds like you are having a great time with Chloe. As the old saying "kids say the darndest things". Glad to see you got a vacation too. I always enjoy reading your blog. I feel like I'm not quite so far away
Happy Mothers Day!
Post a Comment