Our friend Geoff was over and we were talking about places where he could move. He has had roommates since high school and he now wants a place of his own. So we decided to go look at some. Everyone went to put their shoes on and I told Chloe to go get her coat and shoes from her room. We waited and waited and finally Chloe appeared. She was wearing her pink coat with fur trim, a pink hat, pink sunglasses, her pink and white purse and her Cinderella dress-up heels! She was dressed and ready for a day out!!! After much debate- I still am having a hard time with this not-matching stuff- she agreed to put tennis shoes on when we went into the buildings and I agreed to let her wear her Cinderella shoes in the car. Although I shouldn't be surprised by Chloe's independence or strong will, I still am amazed at times.
For many months, I have been feeling as if there was something out of whack in my life. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. My relationships- with God, Jeremy, Chloe, family, friends- were great. Yet something was missing. Now that my cheer schedule has slowed down some, I have more time for making dinner and big meals on the weekends. And then it clicked! My Saturday AM Breakfast!!!!! For the longest time, I made HUGE family-style breakfasts every Saturday morning. It was an open invitation to come eat with us. Usually it consisted of our single, male friends but was open to anyone. Now that we are having Saturday AM Breakfast again, I am content. There are few things that I love more than being in the kitchen! There is just something inside me that NEEDS to feed people. So, if you have some free time on Saturdays, come eat with us! Unless you live in NC- then we need to work out some details and have a visit where I can cook for you everyday!!!!


4 comments:
Hey Morgen! Sounds great! We need to come and visit you guys sometime!! Maybe when the baby gets here and gets older... I sure do miss you're cooking though! Love you!
You can count us in! Although we will need to make big plans to do so! Or you guys can come see us and you can cook to your hearts content!
What time's breakfast? I'm there! Maybe Sonja and I will run over to your house in the morning. I figured it out, it's only about 2 miles to run to your place, maybe less. Not bad, then I'll burn off the calories from the wonderful food you cook.
Leah- you make me laugh! Breakfast is at 9:30am. Come on over!
Post a Comment