Monday, July 13, 2009

Lately


These were actually taken the weekend before the 4th. Our church has a celebration and picnic the weekend before the 4th- which was tons of fun!!! Annalise smiles all the time now, but we have a hard time getting her to smile on cue! So I had to add the last pic with her smile!

The kids are loving their summer. We are staying with Jeremy's parents while we are waiting on our house- which we will be moving into on August 1st!!!!!! The kids have everything they need for summer- a pool, a swing/play set, a lake & boat, lots of yard to run in, and the next door neighbor's raspberry bushes! The kids love picking and eating berries right off the bush.

Speaking of food, we switched Logan to a gluten-free diet a few months ago and his overall health has improved tremendously! In addition to being gluten-free, he also can only have small amounts of acidic, fatty, and high-protein foods. I know it sounds like he would be on a strict, bland diet but he is doing quite well and we have found a variety of foods for him that he actually likes and will eat. It was pretty amazing how these simple changes has affected his health, his sleep, his mood, his behavior. At first it seemed like we would have to change so much but we already eat a lot of real foods, instead of packaged/processed foods. We only had to take out a few things for the gluten. I think the hardest on him was no more snack crackers or cereals that he really liked. Cheerios were his favorite :(

We have been enjoying summer so far. The first half of our summer is always busy. But after the 19th, we will have some down time. The last half of July is more laid back. August is our month of rest!!!! We go 100 mph all year long and then we get to August.... Ahhhhh.... We have some friends getting married, that we will be part of. Then we have 10 days of vacation! I am really looking forward to that!!! But the reality of our vacation will probably be us unpacking and getting settled into our house. But we are going to Reno over Labor Day weekend so I am ok with not going anywhere in August. Plus, I want to have the house done as soon as possible. I really don't have the time to unpack slowly or to take months to get settled in. I have things to do!!! Although Logan is ready to potty train, I want to wait until we are in our house so we don't have so much chaos and change happening at once for him. Logan doesn't handle change as well as Chloe does.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are excited to have you guys come here! It will be a nice visit. Let us know if you are staying with us or a hotel and what days! Bella will be excited to see Chloe again and Logan too I suppose! :) My sister is allergic to Gluten and found out years later that she actually has Celiac Disease and has to watch what she eats or she gets really sick.