Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Things Here

Things have been going well in the Carpenter household. This week was my first week of real morning sickness. But it is nothing compared to last time! I get quesy a few times a day and throw up occasionally. I don't eat a lot at one time but I eat almost every hour. My list of things I don't eat right now keeps growing! I am now at NO: dairy, sweets, fruit, eggs, chicken, fish, spices. Poor Jeremy and Chloe have had to fend for themselves lately because there isn't a lot I am up to making. So, this weekend when I go grocery shopping it will be mostly things I can snack on and frozen dinners I can pop in the oven :) I am at 7 weeks and haven't gained any weight- actually I've lost 5 pounds! Don't worry- being pregnant is not my new weight loss plan.
Chloe has been trying to help more in the kitchen. She likes to stir batter for muffins and she especially likes beating eggs. Yesterday I was in my room "resting" and she decided to make me some eggs. She got out a pan and 2 dozen eggs (you see where this story is headed, right?). She had the pan on the floor and cracked about 8 eggs in it before I caught her. There were shells in the eggs, eggs on the floor- 2 eggs didn't even make it to the pan, just the floor- and Max standing there watching, tongue hanging out drooling into the eggs. The sight of it all made me want to puke and laugh all at the same time! I took the eggs away and got Chloe and the floor cleaned up when I found another pot on the stove with the rest of my 2 dozen eggs dropped in it. It was my big stew pot and the eggs were still whole. I think this was her first attempt and then she decided to try it on the floor so she could reach. About 4 of the eggs were still ok.
I am beginning to think that part of the reason I am so tired with this pregnancy is because I am also chasing after a 3 year old and her accomplice Max!

1 comment:

Austin & Lindsay said...

Yes, definately expect to be more tired your second time around while chasing a three year old. Somedays it's all I can do to make it to 6 p.m. so I can rest in the recliner! Take advantage of Chloe's nap times- if you can. I used to complain that Austin would go to bed so early (he has to get up at 5 a.m.)- but, now I am asleep when he is! Get your rest new mommy to be!! :)