Thursday, June 22, 2006

Tanning Incident

I decided to use a tanning bed a few times just to get a little color back for summer. I went a couple of times without tanning lotion so I could get a good base and not burn. Then the other day I wanted to use lotion. Instead of buying a whole bottle, I just wanted a sampler. I asked the lady at the counter for a good lotion with a bronzer in it. She gave me what she thought was the absolute greatest. It had a nice smell to it, not the typical coconut. So I went into the room, put the lotion on and started tanning. About 10 minutes into it, my skin was tingling and then really itchy. I tried to lay there a few more minutes but then my skin was burning! Since I'm pretty smart, I got out of the bed. My body was one giant rash. Apparently my skin is allergic to something in this lotion! I raced home and jumped in the shower to try to get it all off- I couldn't believe how fast I rashed! My arms and legs were so red and covered with itchy bumps. Fortunately it was all gone after about an hour! Even though it is suppose to be one of the better lotions, I highly doubt I use it again. I guess I will stick with one I know works for me!

No comments: