Friday, June 23, 2006

My Mom Moment


There are just times where you have to put off other responsibilities and just enjoy your kids! Tonight Chloe wanted to watch a movie and snuggle. Of course there were a million things to be done around the house and projects to work on, but how do you miss out on these opportunities? It would have been easy to say I had to finish cleaning or working on my cheer stuff. But there will always be housework, always be work, always be something. These precious moments with my daughter will only last a few years. In the grand scheme of things, it is probably not the clean kitchen or all the laundry done that she will remember most. But the memories of quality time spent with us is something she will carry with her- always knowing that mom and dad took time for her, loved her more than their own free time or job, gave more to her than just material objects. And hopefully it will be a trait that she will cherish and pass on in her own kids :)

1 comment:

Austin & Lindsay said...

I couldn't agree with you more! I am a clean freak and a stay-at-home mom, so it's sometimes hard to break away from the "cleaning cycle." - having to clean all the time! We took Reagan to a movie Friday night and had some great family time. Morgen, you sound like a great mom! I like you close-up pic, so cute!!