Friday, November 25, 2005
Thanksgiving
Another successful Thanksgiving @ the Carpenter residence. Last year we had a cajun deep-fried turkey, this year I took a more traditional route. I was really excited about my turkey this year- I made my own brine and baste! I know I sound like a big nerd, but I live to host meals/parties! We had the typical Thanksgiving food- Turkey, ham from Honeybaked Ham Co, stuffing, garlic-herb mashed potatoes, corn, green bean casserole, candied yams- and the "people's food"- kelaguin, red rice but no lumpia this year (just didn't have the time). And of course there was dessert- homemade pumpkin pie and cheesecake I spent days cooking and baking and was in heaven! New this year, I made homemade cinnamon rolls. I figured out the secret to perfect cinnamon rolls! They were so yummy!!! We have an open house on Thanksgiving and invite anyone that wants to come and those that have family too far to visit. Breakfast began at 9am and we finally wrapped dinner up by 7pm. Of course we ate ALL day long. This was one of the best holidays we have had in a long time, I just wish I had more family around here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment