Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Try It Tuesday- Feb 1

This week's Try It Tuesday is a little different! Although I won't be doing the actual event this week I am at least taking the first step- sign up! The past few years I have wanted to do the St Patrick's Day Dash but I've either talked myself out of it or it hasn't worked with our calendar. But not this year! There is a running shop right here in Mill Creek that I can sign up, get my shirt, etc. And they have a division for kids, which Chloe is wanting to do. So, it's possible that Chloe and I will be running it together! So much fun with my girl!!!!! www.stpatsdash.com

Last week was Vegan Week. It was definitely more fun than a Daniel's fast! With a Daniel's fast, we do only raw, whole fruits and vegetables and then legumes. But this week I got to cook all kinds of yummy dishes. I found a few that I really like and will keep. Also, I found that I like coconut milk more than soy. Almond milk was ok too. Although I probably won't make this a permanent lifestyle (Jeremy, my happy carnivore, wouldn't like it at all!) I did enjoy it and will very likely incorporate more of it into our daily diet.

No comments: