Thursday, May 20, 2010

Getting Settled

Yikes! It has been so long since I posted anything! Things are going well around here. We are still settling into the new house. It is taking me a while to get everything unpacked and organized. After the necessities were unpacked, I became less motivated to unpack the rest! So, I still have a garage with tons of boxes yet to be touched. The kids love their rooms and we are slowly getting them transformed into "their" rooms. Chloe's is almost done. She truly has a princess room- chandelier and all! I think all we have left in her room is to find curtains and put up the rhinestone border. Logan's- well, I will do that room whenever I get to it! The downstairs bathroom is getting finished this weekend. Next on the list is the entry. We have a massive entry that needs some life added to it!

I have also discovered that I have not developed my "green" thumb. At least it's not entirely black yet!!!! I have managed to kill most of my plants and only have a few remaining ones. My tomatoes- yes, Grandpa, I got the Big Boys- the kids' strawberries and my mint are all I have left. I killed my flowers, lavender, herbs and an azalea bush. And my beautiful orchid is about to be added to that list. I love this beautiful flower! Last night I found myself praying that it would live, and speaking words of life over it! I just really want it to make it :) Next year, we will attempt a larger garden. If I can just keep my tomatoes alive I will feel a gardening accomplishment.

I am looking forward to summer and having some nice weather as we work on the landscaping. Plus, we have quite a bit planned already for this summer! A couple of camping trips, a couple of day trips around the state, and a couple of mini-vacations to Port Orchard! Add in soccer, swimming, classes at the community center, youth conference, day camps, and play dates, I think it will be an eventful summer!

No comments: