Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Life is feeling "normal" again! School has started, Wordshop is back in session, routine is back! Even though our calendar seems booked, it all feels so normal for us! Even though it is September, we have set our calendar for the rest of this year! We have added another church service on Sundays, which is run by our young adults and has great energy to it! We still have Youth, Connect home groups (4 of them), discipleship classes, women's Bible study, men's events that we are involved with weekly and monthly. I know some people couldn't handle having people around ALL the time and I think it is a grace that God has given us! We are walking out what God has called us to and we are enjoying our life as we do it!
Chloe started 1st Grade at the beginning of the month. She LOVES her teacher! Mrs. Harasek was the student teacher in Chloe's kindergarten class last year so they already had a great connection! So far the highlights of 1st Grade have been 2 recesses each day and getting to eat lunch and the ocassional breakfast at school! I have also had to learn to let go of some of my "motherly" control. School lunches ARE NOT the healthiest option! It has taken a lot of work on my part to let Chloe eat the school food and trust that she will make the right food choices. She still takes a lunch every once in a while, on days I know she won't like their food, and gets to take a snack to eat in class (they have the last lunch period). So I still get a little bit of a say about what foods she eats. But I know we have taught her well about healthy foods vs junk foods. She knows the importance of fruits, veggies and protein. But I am sure she gets chocolate milk everyday. And I bet she gets sugary cereal on days she has breakfast at school! Oh, well.
Chloe is also learning to read. I must say, while she is learning to read the rest of us are learning a new level of patience!!!! Chloe spends about 45 min a day reading. You would think we are flying through hundreds of books. But no. We are doing good to finish one book a week! It takes her about 45 min to get through 3-4 pages. Sounding out EACH letter takes SOOOOO long! She is learning, though, so that is all that really matters.

No comments: