So over the past week I have been getting a couple of really strong contractions. Strong enough to stop me in my tracks and have me doubled over. They are not just the Braxton Hicks contractions. I know the difference :) My last midwife appointment was not so great :( My lab work came back and my hematocrit count is too low to have this baby at home or the Birth Center. Since a hospital birth is an absolute last resort, I now have to see a naturopathic doctor and get iron injections every other day. Let me just say OWWWWW!!!!! It's like getting a tetanus shot in your hip. Only I get to alternate sides every other day. So basically both sides.
The last advice of my Midwife was, "DO NOT go into labor!" So, we are praying that all these injections will raise my hematocrit count high enough to have this baby at home. And also that I don't go into labor too early! It is kind of nice because I have to take it easy over the next couple of weeks. It's either slow down or bed rest. I am not capable of bedrest, but I did promise to slow down!
I am not too disappointed in that, but it does mean that I have to miss the Hillsong United concert at church next week and a few other events. And I probably won't attend all of our Easter services. But I do have too many responsibilities at church to just not go. I hate rearranging my schedule. I don't want to miss anything, but I am going to be good and slow down like I promised. Guess I'm not Super Woman after all.


3 comments:
I'll be praying for you to not have baby yet. And be sure to continue to take it easy, bed rest SUCKS and you don't want it to come to that.
Of course you still are. One of the closest to proverbs 31 that I've met... I hope you're feeling great and following doc/midwife orders. Good baby vibes and prayer for health your way :)
My iron was low too so I got this NASTY liver powder to drink, SO YUCK!!! Liver is gross in any form. I couldn't handle it so now I'm taking this liquid stuff called floravital, it's OK. I'd almost rather have shots LOL. Eat lots of steak and hamburgers, that is supposed to help get your hematocrit level up too.
Post a Comment