Since I don't sleep much lately, I figure I might as well start my day early! Fortunately, I am able to take a nap in the afternoons. Otherwise, I am pretty cranky- just ask Chloe!!! Since we spend the day at church on Easter, we started having our Easter on Saturday. Saturday afternoon, the kids got their Easter baskets. My mom came over and we had an egg hunt and dinner. We didn't dye eggs this year but the kids didn't seem to mind. We made cupcakes instead. At least those will be eaten. Hard boiled eggs just get thrown out around here.
The kids got to hunt for dozens of plastic eggs- pink, purple, orange for Chloe; blue, green, yellow for Logan. This made it so much easier for me! They knew which eggs were theirs and I didn't have to remind Chloe to "let Logan find the easy ones!" There was very little candy this year. I know, it's no fun finding eggs without candy. They each had 10 pieces, which I thought was MORE than enough! Once Logan discovered what was in some of the eggs, he was done hunting. He was content to sit down with his handful of candy-filled eggs. And shove the candy in his mouth as fast as he could! Later Saturday night, I caught him "helping" Chloe open her eggs. Only he was sneaking her candy as well!
Chloe was in the Kids Choir for our Easter NW production. Someone made a comment to her that she did a great job in the 3rd service and she replied, "I was born to do this!" The kids performed first and were put on the stage WAY TOO EARLY! They had 5 minutes to just stand there. I am sure this was done so parents could get pictures, but 5 minutes is the equivalent to eternity for Chloe! So, of course, she entertained herself- and the other 2,700 people!


No comments:
Post a Comment