The weekend before her birthday she had a few girls over for a sleepover. This also happened to be the weekend that Jeremy was out of town. Yes, I did plan it that way. I didn't figure he would enjoy a house full of girls! I had a friend that was going to come up and help me out for the night. Unfortunately she was in a car wreck that day and wasn't able to make it. PS- she is fine but the car is totalled. Just a few scratches and bruises from the airbag. The night actually worked out really well for me. Since I had all night to do activities, there was no rush to get everything done in a 2-hour time slot. So, after dinner, the girls played and I cleaned. Then we did make up, they played & danced, I put things away. We had cake and ice cream. They played, I put things away. So, by the time we all went to bed, the house was still clean :)
Chloe got to have a special celebration at school for her birthday. She has an amazing teacher and Ms. McGran does the best birthday celebrations for kids! The week of her birthday, we were asked to make a poster with pictures of Chloe at different stages of life. And Jeremy & I were asked to write a letter telling the class about our VIP. On the day of her party, Chloe got to sit in a special chair and tell stories about the pictures on her poster. Then I read the letter to the class. After that, the kids had Question & Compliment time. The kids got to ask Chloe questions about things she liked, hobbies, family, etc. Then they all took turns giving Chloe special compliments. So neat! And of course, Chloe loved every minute of it!!!! I made fruit kabobs for the class snack and it was such a hit! Parents are asked not to bring in cupcakes because of the mess and time. I think most parents bring in cookies instead. But since I still prefer my kids to have as little sugar as possible, I made fun fruit. The kids were really excited about it and Ms. McGran said no parent had ever done anything like that before. Yay for healthy and fun snacks :) I only throw that in here because Jeremy thought it would turn out lame and the kids would be disappointed that they didn't get candy or cookies. But they loved it!
Thursday night (Chloe's actual birthday) we took her out to dinner. One of her favorite foods is pizza and she always talks about wanting to go to Chuck E Cheese. So that is where we took her for her birthday dinner. After the 3 hour adventure, Jeremy took her to pick out a birthday present. She wanted to a new game for her DS so they went to one of Jeremy's favorite places, GameStop.





No comments:
Post a Comment