Monday, January 05, 2009

Finally 30!!!!!

I know most people dread turning 30, but I have been looking forward to it!!!! When you're younger, 30 seems almost old. But I decided I would make 30 great. It's not as if I feel older or suddenly look older. In fact, people are usually shocked when they find out my age! I usually blame it on my height :) Being around teens and young adults all the time will definately keep you young!

Saturday was my birthday and it was such a great day! I had so many phone calls and great messages from friends and family! Jeremy and the kids got me breakfast and we just had a very laid back day. Chloe made me gifts all day and sang "Happy Birthday" around the house. Jeremy kept surprising me with little gifts and cards throughout the day. And my favorite gift (although the homemade kid gifts were great) is... A CRUISE!!!!! Jeremy and I are going to the Bahamas!!!!!

We are having a HUGE party this coming Saturday! I am super excited and ready for a party :) It will be an Island-style fiesta- Mmmm... :) We are doing TONS of food- almost all Guamanian. And then another great gift... my Dad is flying into town to do a little cooking with me for the party!!!! We have around 100 RSVPs so far so we are doing this party more like an open house. I am so excited to eat and play games and watch movies!

I keep forgetting to take pictures of me being pregnant. I guess by the 3rd it's not at the top of your list of things to do. But I do have a little belly and have started switching to maternity clothes. We still have not done an ultrasound and Jeremy and I have different opinions on gender. I still think we are having a girl, Jeremy still thinks we are having a boy. I think we should take bets and not find out until the baby is born. I should have some great pictures after next weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Congrats on the cruise! That will be like a Honeymoon for you guys! It's so awesome! Justin and I did a cruise to the Bahamas for our Honeymoon and LOVED IT! So much good food and fun stuff to do! Plan lots of money though for the activities! Being pregnant and having a 24 hours buffet at your disposable, I am so jealous! Hope you guys have so much fun!

Jeremy and Morgen said...

I am thinking we should do a "honeymoon" trip every few years. We went to London for our honeymoon, the Bahamas this year, maybe for our 10th anniversary we will do Europe.