Monday, February 04, 2008

Life is Great

Yep, life is great! I was saddened by a comment someone made the other day. She said she hated the life that had been dealt her. I was sad because she didn't understand that you make your life. Life doesn't make you. She had some terrible circumstances that occured throughout her life but yet she let those circumstances define who she is today. She chose not to take any responsibility for her actions or her life. But now she blames where she is on anyone else. She doesn't like the life she has but has no motivation to change it.

Life can be great- but you choose to make it great. I realize that things happen that are outside of our control. But how we respond to those circumstances is completely up to us. The quality of life is in our control. I love my husband and my kids. They are mine. I can't decide one day that I don't like them anymore and trade them in for new ones. Jeremy and I have made a commitment to each other to live a great life. We choose to love each other. We choose to be happy. We choose to have joy in all situations. We choose to love our kids. We choose the quality of life we have. The same is true for jobs, friendships, money, weight, etc.

A great life doesn't happen because of favorable circumstances all the time. A great life isn't about getting everything you ever wanted. A great life is the result of a disciplined lifestyle and the choices you make.

I get tired of hearing people complain about their life. They don't have any friends, yet make no effort to gain friends. They never have enough money, but have no motivation to be disciplined in spending or make more money. They hate their job but make no effort to find a new job. They hate being overweight yet still eat an entire cheesecake in one sitting.

Have a great life- by choice. Choose to happy. Choose to make changes. Choose a great life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, life is great. I once knew a 24 year old who was involved with a 60 year old man, she lied about him stalking her, she stole money from him, not to mention stole his reputation, his marriage and now that they are divorced, doesn't want him at all...never did...just used him for money and to break up his marriage. She now has gone on to make something of her life...is now a flight attendant and probably breaking up other marriages. That's what she does best. It's a shame because life is great and the above man mentioned is dating his ex wife now and is incredibly happy. So, yep, life is great even when you live in a small town in Missouri. Life is all about choices...either the right ones or the wrong ones. If you make the wrong choices, there's always a price to pay either with losing your reputation and self respect or making the right choice makes you proud of yourself and our Lord and Saviour proud of you. So, life is indeed great when you make the right choices.

Anonymous said...

I know a man who owns a very popular restaurant in Warsaw, Missouri who left his wife for a tramp and the tramp was never interested in this man either..just used him and made him believe that she really loved him. She is now a flight attendant and lives in the Seattle area. The man is dating his ex-wife and is picking up the pieces so happy to be rid of the rubbish. He realizes that the girl was a pathological liar and will never be anything but a liar and a tramp. I know that there are girls like this all over not just in Missouri...but all the married man (especially older men because she likes older men)in Seattle should be very cautious because I'm sure she's on the prowl for her next victim.