I just got back from my appointment with my midwife. Baby's heart is very strong and very rapid- and also only one heartbeat! Lots of movement going on in there! I am at 17 weeks and feeling big. There's no more hiding this belly. Eventually I will have a picture up. I have my ultrasound on the 28th- I can't wait to find out what we are having. It will be nice to say "he" or "she" instead of "baby". I am pretty much over the sickness. I still get quesy over some things or smells and first thing in the morning but I'm not puking all the time and I'm keeping real food down! Now I crave salads all the time.
Everything has been going great with the pregnancy. I've gained 5 1/2 pounds. However, there is one little setback. My feet won't stop itching! It's not the little-scratch-here-and-there type of itch. It is the deep-down-painful itch that makes me scratch my feet until they bleed. Last night I slept sitting up on the couch with my feet in a tub of ice water. If they're not numb, they're itching. Apparently, this is a little more common late in pregnancies (mid 3rd trimester) not early 2nd trimester. I have tried everything possible and nothing has helped except the ice water. So after 3 days of itching, I now have an appointment at a dr. office tomorrow morning- if I can make it that long.
We are almost completely moved into our house. I keep running across boxes that need to be unpacked. Chloe is loving her pink room and Max loves his backyard. Work keeps Jeremy pretty busy. This weekend he is flying to Canada for a youth conference. One of these days we'll have a weekend with no plans and we'll be able to sit around the house, maybe watch some TV and just relax. That will be nice!


2 comments:
Wow! I can't believe you're already at 17 weeks! I only have 6 1/2 more weeks! Congrats on your new house! I will give you a call soon- I got your change of address letter in the mail this week. Talk to you soon!
Itchy feet! Hasn't happend to me! I cant wait to find out what you are having! I am so excited for you guys!
Post a Comment