Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Parent Quotables

There are things we always say to our kids (and hear others say to theirs). And then there are things we say that make me wonder if we are unique in this or if anyone else says off-the-wall things also! Today has been one of those seemingly unique days, so I thought I would document it for all the world to see!

The Usual:
-Stop right there!
-That's hot- don't touch!
-Where are you?
-Please don't hit your sister.
-Where did you leave your other sock?
-Go turn off your bedroom light.


The Carpenter's House:
-Logan, go put your pants back on.
-Annalise, stop eating the crayons!
-Where's Violet?
-Knock, knock?
-If you touch any of those presents under the tree, I will return all your Christmas gifts.
-Annalise, stop eating Logan's toys!
-Where did that come from?
-How did you THINK that would turn out?
-No, you may not use your sister for a target.
-Annalise, stop eating out of the trashcan!
-If you continue to act like that, I am going to ground you. How long? For LIFE!
-How did you get up there?
-How did you get that in your nose?
-And that was a good idea, because....?

I like to pretend that we are normal. Maybe it is just a mental game I have to play in order to keep my sanity. I mean, really, doesn't every little boy run around in their underwear, rainboots, and carry a battle axe? And aren't most adorable, sweet little girls also human garbage disposals? And don't all moms give outrageous, extremely outlandish threats? Please don't tell me otherwise. I enjoy living in my delusional little bubble.

No comments: