I love, love, love, LOVE my recipe organizer!!!!! I finally got a program so I could put all my recipes onto my computer. In the beginning, it is a lot of work to put in the recipes and photos, but it is worth having the empty cabinet and shelf space! And it is so much easier to find recipes. I don't have to check the index of every book, I can just type in an ingredient. This probably seems like a lot of work and I agree that it would be if I only had 5 or 6 cookbooks. But I had 4 recipe boxes (filled with cards), 35 cookbooks, and about 125 recipe magazines. And then there are all the random pieces of papers with recipes on them floating around the kitchen and bookshelf. The only downside for me has been discovering recipes I had looked over and thought, "I'll make that one day." Now I am cooking and baking like crazy! I think my family has been eating about 5 meals a day! It's a good thing we have people over all the time, otherwise we would be in trouble!
Thursday, April 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That sounds really cool. Did you have to type everything in yourself or can you scan a recipe in? How many did you put in and the bigger question is, how did you have time?
I did type most of it in. I don't know about scanning recipes- I don't have a scanner anymore. You can buy the progam add-on discs that have oodles of recipes that transfer right into the program so you don't have to type millions of recipes. My program holds 8,000 recipes, which I have not yet reached. I scheduled time to enter recipes during Logan's morning nap. It is a nice break for me and I get something productive done! :)
Post a Comment