Saturday, June 30, 2007

Birthday Cakes

This weekend I made a couple of birthday cakes for a friend of mine. One of her girls wanted a princess cake and the other wanted CandyLand. What a challenge!!! But I think it turned out great. On the Princess cake, I had it finished and then went to add the writing. But when I opened the package, the writing was smaller than I had planned. So, Happy Birthday is MUCH smaller than I had planned.

The CandyLand cake was fun! It took more work than I thought, but I enjoyed it.

So, the two girls each had their own cake and it was a great party. However, each cake could feed at least 20 people. There were only about 15 people total- kids and adults!!! I think Elaine will be eating cake for a while :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a great job! They are so cute...think you should start a business! :)

Austin & Lindsay said...

Just look at you and your creative self!!! I'm jealous! The cakes turned out great- you go....